Tuesday, July 24, 2007

There is no "i" in team

Tough luck convincing people about that, I don't know if this is a problem only in Singapore, or it's a whole worldwide thingy. So far in my career, I see a lot of politics going on everywhere. I've seen politics between clients and vendors, I've seen politics between departments, I've seen politics between people of different races, and I've seen politics between teams, but seriously, aren't we supposed to be working towards a common goal here? We do work for the same company, but everyday it's like a taichi exercise, or like my colleagues put it, a badminton game where everyone is busy trying to push the blame to someone else, and trying to cover their own asses. I see this everywhere I go, now is it just me being unlucky or is it the same everywhere else, and I should just get used to it and learn to play along?

2 comments:

Ah Siang said...

Its everywhere.

Play the game.

Just do it.

We are not Shiny Happy People.

SoupLad said...

yah ,ah siang is correct. he is my consultant.

I am still learning the art of making people look nice and happy thereby willing to be arrowed by me....

Taiji...haha.. everywhere lar...