Thursday, January 10, 2008

And so, another year has come and gone... and how better to start the year with a new job. it's a good start. I realised today that I actually work close to a really posh area. it's near clarke quay, it's also within walking distance (well... at least for me it is. ) to Plaza Sing, City Hall area and Somerset.

So today, I tried walking to work from Somerset. found some places where I can actually have nice breakfasts, albeit a bit on the pricey side. Note to self, need to wake up early and stop by and try these stalls.

and so, kinchio-san showed me this blog @ http://www.euniqueflair.com where I find this interesting comment :-

"Although they all work in a gaming-related company, they are the rare few who understand gamer lingo. It’s rather surprising to know that a lot of people from the local gaming industry, are not gamers themselves. Ideally, everyone should be a gamer to be working in the gaming industry. I always believe that brilliant works come from people who are passionate in what they do."

Well, I do work in the gaming-industry and honestly, I guess I'm adequate when it comes to "gamer lingo", but giving it further thought, I haven't really been playing much games lately. the last game I seriously played is WOW and that was like 6 months ago... I've been meaning to play some games, in fact I got some of them here, Crysis, Football Manager 2008 still in their boxes, the nearest I ever got to touching any of the game is Splinter Cell: Double Agent. I took it out, installed it, patched it, and that's that. Well to be honest, I am not really a very serious gamer in the first place anyway. I mean really, I am a sucker for nice graphics and a game with wacky storyline. but I dun really excel in any of them. blame it on slow hand eye coordination. So the million dollar question I wanted to ask is this, "Am I really still considered a passionate gamer? Do I really have the passion to be in the gaming industry?"

Whatever it is, I still hope to pick up Rock Band and/or Guitar Hero III one day. But... Playstation 3 first... Hope to get it... probably Q1 2008. Foo Fighter's The Pretender, I must play!

1 comment:

SoupLad said...

u are probably experience the "DIP"

"DIP" is a good short read. check it out.